A lot of us live astronomy and most importantly, love to look up at the sky and feel immersed in its vast beauty.
Many are taken back by the difficulty to capture stars with their mobile 📱phones, but it is possible to capture that special moment between you and the stars.
So how do we go about capturing the starry sky in a photograph?
We have a treat for you!
The 20 years astronomer and photography expert, James Madigan will be hosting with us –at Astronomy For Change– a series of night photography tips and courses focused on capturing the night sky, stars, and even the Milkyway 🌌
To get you started right away, we wrote this post. Follow these tips and basic seven steps to learn how to photograph stars.
STAY TUNE: We’ll upload a video on our youtube channel where you can experience directly hands-on tips and step-by-step instructions on night photigraphy .
1. Use a tripod. Some good tripods: a Sirui Tripod R-4203L and Sirui Ball Head K-40X.
2. Use wide angle lens if you want the stars to appear as dots, not trails. My go-to lenses for my Nikon D800 is Samyang 14 mm f/2.8 and Nikon 16 – 35 mm f/4.0 VR. By using a remote control it allows you to use longer exposures than 30 seconds. I use Hähnel Giga T Pro II for Nikon and it works nicely for my purposes.
3. As for settings: Always take photos in RAW file format.
4. Focus to infinity either manually or simply using one bright spot to focus on.
5. Use the widest aperture your lens has as far as the result is not too blurry.
6. Boost up ISO, I would recommend starting from ISO 1600 and go up as much as your camera can handle with a decent end result. I tend to take 30-second exposures to have the stars still when you use something like I have above with a full-frame camera.
7. For a crop sensor camera, I used 11 mm lens with aperture 2.8 and 30 seconds exposure.
And have fun!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
#storm #tunder #twister #huracan #tornenta #astrinomy #spain #usa #cosmos #eclipse #photography #stargazing #nightphotography8
One thought on “HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH STARS IN 7 STEPS”
Hello to every body, it’s my first pay a visit
of this web site; this blog includdes remarkablle and really fine data in favor of visitors.